A Breakthrough in Energy Technology
Using Only Water or Air as Fuel
EnergiCells comprise of two main components: the reactor and a power supply unit. The primary fuel source is the H2O molecule found in air and in water.
Inside the EnergiCell, plasma is created from the fuel source. Within the plasma the atoms are ionized (separated into ions). The recombination of the ions under high temperatures and pressures releases electromagnetic energy, in the form of heat, light (photons), electrons and other charged particles.
The primary energy release mechanism is a catalysed fusion process where protons and neutrons are fused into new elements.
The fusion energy gain factor, usually expressed with the symbol Q, is the ratio of fusion power produced in a fusion reactor to the power required to start the process and maintain the plasma in a steady state.
The condition of Q = 1, when the power being released by the fusion reactions is equal to the required heating power, is referred to as breakeven.
When above one the Q is referred to as infinite. ENG8 has reached this point as it has been independently verified to produce a Q factor value of 2.4 thermal or 5 electrical, validated by a leading US laboratory.
With positive Q factors, EnergiCells can become self-powering, exporting net electrical and/or thermal and, if necessary, with development, chemical energy in the form of hydrogen and oxygen.
ENG8 ENERGICELL DEVELOPMENT
ENG8 overcame five major challenges faced in the development of cost effective, stably operating EnergiCells:
GENESIS OF ENG8 & THE ENERGICELL
Our EnergiCells are regularly validated by independent entities to prove fusion and performance.
An EnergiCell was first independently validated in the UK in December 2020 by Dr. Robert Morgan from Brighton University.
The independent validation showed that 1.8x more energy in the form of heat was released than from the electricity used to power the EnergiCell; thus the Q Factor is 1.8.
In H1 2023 transmutation, the proof of fusion was independently validated by CICECO and the University of Cambridge.
In August 2023 IEP validated a thermal Q factor of 2.4. A leading US laboratory independently validated Q5 electrical in October. Any Q Factor electrical above 1 is a very significant milestone as this means the EnergiCell can self-power.
AN ENERGICELL CHP PLANT
This schematic shows the main components of the EnergiCell powered combined heat & power (CHP) plant, configured for commercial and industrial use. The CHP plant is scaleable and modular. In this engineering model it is shown as a 100KW CHP plant mounted on a europallet 1m wide, 1m tall and 1.2m long.
- Power Supply Unit up to 25KV
- Electronics Box IP76
- Alternator AC 240V
- 25KVA Generator up to 50KV
- Preheater of Reciprocating Engine or Turbine
- Spray Condensor
- Back Pressure Regulator
- Steam Injector Manifold
- 250°C Solenoid Valve
- Condenser Pump
- EnergiCell Pump
- Pressure Sensor
- Extraction Fan
- Emergency Pressure Release Valve
- Preheat Solenoid Return Valve
- 250 Litre Hot Water Fuel Tank
- Heat Exchanger
Patent application for the system as detailed, submitted in February 2021 and 2023.
As the owners of the breakthrough technology, ENG8 has a thorough IPR protection and exploitation strategy.
- First key patent has been applied for in December 2019
- (UK and Netherlands) and in January 2020 at the WIPO (PCT/ EP2020/084425 filed 3 December 2021 with priority date 11 December 2019). This has now been filed in multiple countries.
- A second, very comprehensive, patent has been applied for in February 2021 to protect all know-how related to the development of the EnergiCell during 2020. Second patent was filed at WIPO (PCT/GB2022/0504 73 with priority date 19 February 2021), and this has now entered national phase worldwide.
- A patent application was filed in February 2023 to include numerous claims from developments in 2021 and 2022.
ENG8 is registering its IPR rights in all major markets. ENG8 has engaged consultants and advisors with the highest level of industry experience to protect and exploit our IPR, including:
- Dr Joanna Thurston at Withers Rogers (UK) -leading intellectual property attorneys
- Greg Sachs at VPS and Greg Sachs Associates –patent attorneys
- Joel Barry at Brandsmiths – leading IPR law firm
- Donal O’Connell – IPR consultant, former Director of IP at Nokia and VP of R&D at Nokia, Professor of IP at Imperial College Business School, London
All patent rights, IPR, trade secrets, the confidential information, copyrights and trademarks to the EnergiCell technology have been novated to ENG8 International Limited.
- How private companies are bringing clean, green, nuclear fusion energy closer to reality
- Introducing LENR from Sabine Hossenfelder
- What is Cold Fusion? LENR-CANR.org (a library of papers about cold fusion)
- DARPA funding LENR research 2022
- Fusion industry association
- News site for LENR
- Condensed Matter Nuclear Science conferences in the USA
- Solid State Fusion The Formation of a Scientific Field (ICCF-24 MIT 2022)
- ICCF–25 MIT 2023
- Cold Fusion Now
- The LENR forum
- A Japanese company looking at deploying LENR products in 2026
- Toyota and Nissan Participating in Japanese LENR Research
- NASA on LENR:
- According to NASA, LENR has 8 million times the energy density of chemical processes.
- LENR does not require radioactive materials and does not seem to generate radioactive by products or risk dangerous chain reactions.
- A good reference book is Steven B. Krivit’s Explorations in Nuclear Research three-book series.